- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1869 Wyandotte and Kansas City Poster Map . Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1869 Wyandotte County Map of Kansas Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the early pioneers of the form, Albert Ruger, this stunning depiction of Wyandotte, Kansas shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War. Ruger was responsible for popularizing birds eye perspectives which were widely popular from the middle of the nineteenth century until the 1920s when technological advances made aerial photography possible. They served as marketing materials to entice residents and merchants alike and featured prominent civic building, religious and educational institutions, as well as other economic opportunities.
The city’s location at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers served to increase expansion throughout the nineteenth century and supported a thriving interstate trade. As part of the Kansas City, Missouri metroplex, the county experienced considerable growth during this time as expansion increased in the Western and Mid-Western areas of the nation. The region experienced a population boom after the Civil War. Numerous immigrants from across the America south and from Eastern and Western Europe established numerous neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. Wyandotte was officially organized into a county only a decade prior to this maps publication.
Birds eye perspectives bear a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures and preserves the region’s rich history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.