- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1870 Erie Pennsylvania Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1870 Erie PA Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by prolific American lithographer and cartographer Albert Ruger, this stunning birds-eye perspective bears a distinctive style. Its immediately recognizable aesthetic transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Ruger’s signature style made him one of the most successful producers of birds-eye perspectives throughout the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. These depictions were produced as marketing material to attract residents and merchants alike and featured prominent civic features, notable buildings, and historic sites. Ruger’s Merchants Lithographing Company produced numerous perspectives of cities across the United States, and his works are featured in the Smithsonian archives and the Library of Congress.
Located on the south shore of Lake Erie, this iconic American city is the fourth largest in Pennsylvania and has a rich history, diverse culture; and was first settled by French fur-trappers in the seventeenth century. By the 1870s, Erie had been transformed into an essential economic driver for the region with thriving steel and manufacturing plants. Attracted by the plentiful work, waves of European immigrants flocked to the area and established communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
This authentic piece of American cartographical history shows Erie in a period of significant growth and transformation. The city was experiencing an economic and population boom with the conclusion of the Civil War attracting workers to the flourishing factories in the North while evolving as the nation modernized and raced to the century's turn.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.