- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1870 Warren Ohio Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1870 City of Warren Map of Ohio Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the pioneers of the birds eye perspective form, Albert Ruger, this stunning depiction of Warren, Ohio, illustrates the city in a period of significant transformation and growth in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War. Initially founded in 1798, Warren was experiencing considerable prosperity in the later portions of the nineteenth century as a manufacturing and trading hub for Northeast Ohio. The city was the first to install electric street illumination and became a major steel producer during the Industrial Revolution.
Panoramic maps were widely popular during the mid-nineteenth century until the 1920s, when advances in aviation and photography allowed aerial photography to become the norm. The unique aesthetic and distinctive style of birds-eye perspectives immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Ruger was instrumental in popularizing perspective maps which served as marketing materials to promote prominent civic features, religious, cultural, and educational institutions, as well as other economic opportunities to attract residents and merchants alike. Warren’s location on the Mahoning River allowed for the establishment of mills and factories during the nineteenth century and by 1870 had become a regional attraction.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures Warren’s rich history. The city has come to be known as the Historic Capital of the Western Reserve, and as the seat of Trumbull County, Warren remains a cultural and economic center for the surrounding areas.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.