- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1871 Chattanooga Tennessee Wall Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1871 Chattanooga Tennessee Vintage Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by Albert Ruger, this stunning birds eye perspective of Chattanooga shows the city in a period of stability, economic growth, and population expansion in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War. Ruger was an early pioneer of the form and was hugely prolific during his career. He is among a group of cartographers responsible for producing more than half of the panoramic maps across the United States during the latter portions of the nineteenth century. His works bear a distinctive style and unique aesthetic that immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Chattanooga is one of the most iconic cities in Tennessee and is located at the transition between the ridge and valleys of the Cumberland Plateau and Appalachian Mountains. As a crucial transportation hub during the Civil War, it was able to bounce back relatively quickly after the war ended and by 1871 was once again a thriving industrial hub attracting immigrants from abroad as well as the United States. These groups established neighborhoods and communities based on cultural lines, many of which exist today. This panoramic map would have been used to promote the city’s prominent civic buildings, economic opportunities, educational institutions, and other natural attractions.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows the nation rebuilding and recovering in the aftermath of the Civil War. Chattanooga remains an enduring city with a distinct culture and important history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.