- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1871 Jamestown New York Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1871 Jamestown Wall Map of New York. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
First incorporated as a village in 1827, Jamestown is one of Western New York’s most iconic cities and became a prominent industrial center during the twentieth century. At one time, the town was referred to as the Furniture Capital of the World. Located between Lake Erie to the North and the Alleghany Mountains to the East, Jamestown is the most populous city in the region, and nearby Chautauqua Lake provides boaters, naturalists, and fisherman recreation as one of the highest navigable lakes in North America. The Chadakoin River provided power for early mills and other small industrial factories, attracting workers and industrialists alike.
Birds eye perspectives were widely popular illustrations that served as marketing materials to feature prominent civic, geographic, and economic opportunities. Their distinctive style and unique aesthetic are immediately recognizable and transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. They first began appearing in the United States in the 1850s and remained among the most popular style until technological advances in aviation and photography made them obsolete. They remain a link to the significant transformations that marked the American landscape as industrialization transformed the landscape and encouraged urbanity and modernization.
In the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War, many Northern cities experienced an influx of residents from across the American South and Western Europe. Jamestown was experiencing the start of a period of economic prosperity that would continue through World War II, sparked by numerous industries and economic advantages.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.