- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1873 Map of Brazil Uruguay Paraguay & Guyana. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1873 Map of Brazil Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the most prominent and prolific British mapmaking companies, the Adam and Charles Black firm, this stunning depiction of central South American in the nineteenth century shows the region in a period of significant growth, transition, and evolution. The firm was most famous for its publication of the Encyclopedia Britannica for more than eight decades and produced a wide range of materials from maps to books and educational materials. The firm was founded in 1807 and continues to create works to this day.
Brazil gained independence from Portugal in 1825 though the European nation’s influences have become part of the cultural traditions throughout the country and remain a critical part of Brazilian identity. Uruguay to the South gained independence from Spain five years later and was undergoing a significant political transformation at the time of this publication. This map was produced following the conclusion of the Paraguayan War, which saw the nation lose thirty-three percent of its territory to Argentina and Brazil and remains the longest conflict in South America.
Guyana to the North would not gain independence from British colonial rule until 1966 and remains the only country in South America where the official language is English. British influence remains a cultural cornerstone in the nation and can be seen in the classic architecture. This unique depiction bears a distinctive style and unique aesthetic that immediately transforms the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.