- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1874 California Nevada Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1874 State of Nevada & California Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by founding member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Alfred Craven, this unique depiction of California and Nevada in the late nineteenth century bears a classic style with a distinctive aesthetic that is characteristic of the era. Craven supervised the construction of the lake reservoir in Central Park, and he was a pioneer of Civil Engineering throughout the 1800s. His work is considered influential for numerous civic projects completed during the time. His career in surveying is noted for its incredible detail and accuracy, particularly the improvements he made to modern sanitation systems in urban areas.
The completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1869 increased access and expansion to California and Nevada, and eager immigrants from across Western Europe, England, Germany, as well as China and Japan flocked to the region for agricultural work, thriving ports in Los Angeles and San Francisco, and a vast series of mining operations in Nevada. California became accessible in a week’s time with the line’s completion reducing travel times significantly and illustrating the need for further rail expansion across the Southwest.
Nevada is officially known as the Silver State because of the discovery of the precious metal, which was the primary economic driver during the latter portion of the nineteenth century. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history that links the viewer to the past and present. Nevada was one of only two states to gain inclusion into the Union during the American Civil War and became the 36th state in 1864.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.