- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You'll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1875 Helena Montana Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional's choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 Helena MT Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by prolific American artist and lithographer Eli Sheldon Glover, this stunning depiction of the Montana State Capital shows it in a period of tremendous transformation, growth, and prosperity. Established in 1864 during the Montana Gold Rush, Helena is one of America's most iconic cities. The period from its establishment through the late nineteenth century saw tremendous prosperity in the region as prospectors staked numerous claims, and vast amounts of gold made fortunes throughout the region. By 1888 the city was home to more millionaires than anywhere in the world and led to the development of the town's distinctive Victorian architecture, which draws tourists to this day.
Glover produced birds-eye perspectives of the most prominent cities of the American West, and his works were wildly popular during the late-nineteenth century. These illustrations were used to feature notable local features, civic buildings and attract industrialists and merchants alike. Their unique aesthetic and distinctive style immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible link between the past and present. Because they were not used for any practical measurement purposes, these perspectives bore greater detail, embellishment, and local information.
By 1874 Helena had become the State Capital, though Montana itself would not achieve statehood until 1889. Prospectors eager to make their fortune flocked to the region throughout the late nineteenth century, through the region would remain mostly sparsely populated through the modern-day. Produced with an instantly recognizable style, this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.