Produced by prolific American illustrator and cartographer, this bird's eye perspective of Salt Lake City depicts the city in a period of prosperity and transition. The first electric streetcars had been installed in 1872, and in 1870 the city had been connected to the first transcontinental railroad. Glover produced many of these perspectives for towns and cities throughout the American West, and his works were used to display civic pride by merchants and residents alike.
These unique illustrations bear a distinctive aesthetic and are authentic pieces of cartographical history that immediately transport the viewer back in time. Stylistically bird's eye perspectives achieved their peak of popularity between 1825 and 1875 and were also used as marketing tools for towns and cities to highlight places of interest and attract visitors.
Salt Lake City became Utah's State Capital in 1896, and the decades leading up to this designation saw the city go through a tremendous period go growth and development. When rail access opened up the town with the completion of the Utah Central Railroad, which is prominently featured in this illustration, the small town's population swelled with vast numbers of immigrants from diverse backgrounds seeking fortunes in mining and other industries.
The California Gold Rush also brought trade to the city as eager prospectors made the arduous trek west. Salt Lake City was at the crossroads of the West and became a popular trading post for speculators and prospectors bringing goods east and trading with local farmers and ranchers.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1875 Salt Lake City Utah Map Poster . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 Salt Lake City Utah Map Poster . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.