- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1875 San Francisco Canvas Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 San Francisco City Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
By the 1870s, the population of San Francisco had stabilized around 150,000, roughly half of what the city had in the preceding two decades as a result of the gold rush in 1848. The town was still flourishing in this time and had experienced its second boom with the discovery of the Comstock Lode, one of the most significant discoveries of silver in history. Fortunes were being made, and lost, overnight with speculation on mining interests taking place in the San Francisco Stock Exchange.
Construction of the iconic cable cars was completed in 1873, and the city had adopted its Victorian-style architecture; modern San Francisco was starting to take shape in the Nob Hill mansions. Access to the rest of the country has been enabled with the completion of the St. Louis-San Francisco Railroad and allowed the port to thrive as imports spread their way back east, and eager investors raced west. Civic leaders had started laying the foundation for what would become the iconic Golden Gate Park, and San Francisco was in a renaissance.
San Francisco’s participation in the Civil War was primarily sending gold east to support Union efforts, though it did maintain a military presence at The Presidio. This bird’s eye perspective illustrates places of interest, businesses, and neighborhoods. Merchants and residents alike would display these depictions in a show of civic pride. The history of San Francisco is rich and deep, and the viewer is immediately transported back to a time of great optimism with this authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.