- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1875 Clark County Indiana Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 Clark County Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by engineer and Major General George W. Davis, this cadastral map of Clark County, Indiana, shows the region in a period of significant growth, transformation, and economic prosperity in the decade following the conclusion of the American Civil War. Davis would go on to be a part of the engineering team that constructed the Washington Monument a decade later. He then became the chairman of the international board of consultant engineers for the Panama Canal in 1895. Davis’ contributions to American surveying, engineering, and civil projects cannot be underestimated.
Clark County, Indiana, is situated on the banks of the Ohio River across from Louisville, KY, and is considered the gateway into Indiana. Founded in 1801, its proximity to the river has been essential to the cultural and economic evolution of the region; in the early parts of the nineteenth century, steamboats carried goods up the Ohio River and were the primary economic driver for Clark County.
Produced with ornately flourished insets featuring prominent civic buildings and a level of detail at the forefront of its time, this cadastral map gives genealogists and historians a rare glimpse into the development and evolution of the region. Cadastral maps served as comprehensive land recordings of the metes and bounds of real property ownership. In the years after the conclusion of the Civil War, Indiana was experiencing a period of significant economic prosperity with thriving mining industries that would experience a boom in the 1880s with the discovery of vast reserves of natural gas.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.