- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1875 New Orleans Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 New Orleans Wall Art Canvas. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in 1875 from the original Spanish plan illustrated in 1798, the distinctive aesthetic and unique features of this reproduction map immediately transports the viewers back in time. Produced only five years prior to the Louisiana Purchase, this depiction of the iconic American City shows it in a time of significant growth and transition. This acquisition allowed the United States to expand its empire into the West and would ultimately prove to be one of the most important land deals in American History.
The access that the Port of New Orleans offered to the Midwest became one of the most critical trade routes on the United States, and interstate commerce on the Mississippi River was a primary economic driver for the newly established nation. The largest Southern port in the country, New Orleans, was a flourishing melting pot in this era and was developing a unique cultural identity informed by European, Indigenous, and African traditions. The city warehoused the numerous commodities that were transported both north and south along the river, and this fueled the thriving local economy.
New Orleans did not see any destruction during the American Civil War though it did come under attack with the Union’s sieges at Fort Jackson and Fort St. Philip. By gaining control of the port, the Union held a crucial advantage during the conflict. The late 19th century saw New Orleans developing many of the historical and cultural traditions still recognized today, and this is truly an authentic piece of cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.