Described by Mark Twain as the “Gilded Age,” the 1870s were a significant period for the State of New York and the nation as a whole. Published in 1875, this depiction of New York shows the State amid an economic boom spurred on by reconstruction following the conclusion of the American Civil War a decade prior.
Published by prolific mapmakers Beers, Upton & Co, this distinctive illustration transports the viewer back in time and allows a glimpse into one of the most pivotal times in American History. New York City spurred prosperity for the rest go the State, and the bustling port allowed goods to flow in and out as well as immigrants.
Western Europe was experiencing famine, civil unrest, and uncertainty; many immigrants came west to find communities from their home countries, welcoming them. These thriving communities established neighborhoods and would become integral to the cultures the iconic American City is known for today. Though Ellis Island would not open for another fifteen years, the city had already become one of the top destinations for Western European immigrants and would remain so.
The expansion of the Erie Canal two decades prior had given New York City access to the Great Lakes and created interstate commerce routes that allowed the region to thrive.
This depiction of New York State shows the iconic city coming into the modern era. Though the iconic skyscrapers would not be constructed for some twenty years, the foundation was being laid for New York to achieve grandeur.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching New York State vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1875 New York State Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 New York State Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.