- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1875 New Britain Connecticut Map Art. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 Map of New Britain Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by one of the most prolific American cartographers of the era, Oakley Hoopes Bailey, this depiction of New Britain shows the city in a period of significant prosperity and growth. Bailey’s panoramic maps bear a unique aesthetic and signature style that is immediately recognizable. Birdseye perspectives were produced as marketing materials and featured prominent civic buildings and economic opportunities to entire residents, merchants, and industrialists alike. They were widely popular from the mid-nineteenth century until the 1920s, and they remain historically significant works that illustrate life during those times. Bailey’s career spanned more than five decades, and he is among a group of cartographers responsible for producing more than half of all perspectives produced across the United States.
New Britain was first settled in 1687 and maintained deep roots in early American history. Some nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain, has a rich manufacturing industry and is known as Hardware City, with Stanley Black & Decker being headquartered in the city. In the decade following after the American Civil War, the nation was experiencing significant prosperity, and the Industrial Revolution spurred further growth in manufacturing across the Northeast. Waves of immigrants from Western and Eastern Europe flocked to these cities and established neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows New Britain in a period of transformation as the Gilded Age begins and the nation races towards the turn of the century.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.