- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1875 Map of San Jose CA Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1875 San Jose Poster Map of California. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prominent and prolific San Francisco based lithographers and publishers Charle B. And WC Gifford, this stunning birds-eye perspective, depicts San Jose, CA, in a time of significant growth and transition. San Jose is now the cultural and financial capital of Silicon Valley, and in 1875 was establishing itself as a city of innovation and creative thought. The town was incorporated in 1850, and the following three decades would allow the city to grow as rail access opened the region up and eager prospectors flooded the region during the Gold Rush and other mining discoveries.
Following the conclusion of the Mexica-American War in 1848, California was ceded to the United States government by Mexico. Government officials wasted no time establishing incorporated cities and towns throughout California. Birds’ eye perspectives were some of the most popular illustrations throughout the late nineteenth century and remained so until the 1920s. Their distinctive aesthetic and signature style immediately transports the viewer back in time. These maps were produced as marketing materials for cities to display prominent civil offices, notable businesses, merchants, and residents in a show of civic pride.
The decade after the end of the Civil War saw massive immigration to California from Eastern and Southern Americans brought by the fertile soil and opportunities in the large ports in San Francisco and later Los Angeles. San Jose is one of the icons of the American west, and this illustration is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.