- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1876 New York City Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1876 New York City Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by the prolific Parsons & Atwater lithography firm, this stunning depiction of New York City in 1876, shows the city in a time great transition and prosperity. The conclusion of the Civil War a decade earlier had given the city a considerable boom of immigration with Irish and German’s fleeing both famine and civil unrest to seek fortunes in America. The two groups represented nearly half of all the residents of New York City and had begun to develop neighborhoods and communities outside the island of Manhattan.
The port was thriving, and the late 1870s saw the city becoming the financial and cultural center of American life. Grand hotels were being built, and tourists flocked to the city for entertainment. Nightclubs had proliferated throughout the city with live music and Vaudevillian performers engaging the delighted crowds. Coney Island had become a resort getaway in the summer enticing tourists and residents alike with the Brighton Beach enabled with the extension of the Brooklyn Railroad in the early part of the decade.
The so-called ‘Gilded Age’ was in full swing in New York at this point, and this was a time of significant progress and transition. The unique aesthetic that Charles Parsons was known for is shown here with great detail and immediately transports the viewer back in time. New York City has always been at the forefront of American culture and innovation; this is especially true in this era as electricity, lightbulbs, and other modern conveniences became the norm.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.