- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1876 Arizona Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1876 Map of AZ Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by the iconic cartography company Rand McNally, this indexed map of Arizona shows the region some four decades before the territory would achieve statehood. The distinct geographic features include the iconic Grand Canyon in the northern portion of the state. The natural gorge that was carved out by the Colorado River is a World Heritage Site and was established seven years after Arizona became an official state. By 1876 the territory had experienced significant growth as railroads expanded access. The first gold rush in the territory in 1864 attracted eager prospectors who established communities which eventually became towns and cities across the state.
Arizona’s rich history remains an iconic part of the American West, and the latter portions of the nineteenth century were a transformative time for the nation as a whole. Following the conclusion of the American Civil War, the region experienced another considerable growth in population, and the state capital Phoenix is now the fifth-largest city and metropolitan area. Arizona’s unique geography varies between the north and south and has defined the region and settlement areas based on mineral access. The territory was initially established with New Mexico to the east, though the two were split in 1863.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history with a classic aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Arizona’s rich history is captured in this prosperous time as the nation neared the turn of the century.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.