- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1876 Salem Oregon Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1876 Map of Salem Oregon Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Capital city Salem, Oregon, has a rich history and is depicted here by one of the most prolific city illustrators of the era Eli Glover. Illustrated using an eastern facing perspective with Mt Hood as a backdrop, the Capitol State Building proudly depicted as a focal point. Geographically Salem is the center of the Willamette Valley and became the capital of the Oregon territory in 1851.
This map produced in 1876 is of particular historical importance as the year marked the completion of the second state capital, which was rebuilt on the site of the previous State House. The second capitol was built with revival-style architecture and found inspiration in the nation’s capitol building.
Illustrated to highlight important regional buildings and manufacturing interests, perspective maps were not drawn to scale and typically showed the area from an oblique angle. These unique maps were intended to give the viewer a sense of place, now they provide a link to the past and instill a connection to the region’s history. Prominent businesses would display these maps with pride as they were often notated in the legend.
Outside of the city, one sees the importance of agriculture for the area with the depiction of the numerous fields and farmhouses dotting the landscape. Agriculture has always been an essential part of Salem’s domestic economy, and it’s vast production of cherries led to its nickname “Cherry City.” Salem is also bisected by the 45th parallel, the halfway point between the North Pole and the equator.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.