- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1877 Santa Barbara California Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1877 Santa Barbara California Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by one of the most prolific American mapmakers of the nineteenth century, Eli Sheldon Glover, this stunning depiction of Santa Barbara shows the region's insignificant period of transformation and growth culturally and economically. Glover's works focused on the West Coast, Midwest, and Canada. His style bears a distinctive aesthetic that is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
The region's culture is a blend of classic Spanish influences with European cultural traditions and values. The city has come to be known as the American Riviera due to its temperate climate and expansive views of the Pacific Ocean. Birdseye perspectives were widely popular during the nineteenth century and served to attract merchants and residents alike by featuring prominent civic features and opportunities for development. Iconic Stearns Wharf was completed in 1872, which expanded a flourishing tourism industry. The completion of the railroad to Los Angeles in 1887 further expanded access to the city and spurred further population growth.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that has enjoyed a resurgence of popularity with collectors due to its characteristic style and classic appeal. Glover's work remains an essential link to American development before the turn of the century.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.