- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1877 Los Angeles Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1877 Los Angeles Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by one of the most prolific landscape illustrators of the 19th century Elis Glover, this bird’s eye view of Los Angeles is unique in its depiction of not just the great city, but the neighborhoods of Wilmington and Santa Monica. These three locations provide the viewer with a great sense of the geographical divisions and the more agrarian east with the coastal west. Wilmington held particular significance during this period as it was the first proper harbor when the San Pedro mudflats were excavated, and the construction of the port was completed. The port was constructed in direct competition with San Francisco. The city’s eastern region was known for its vast cattle production, which would be transported north to feed prospectors during the gold rush.
The 1870s were a time of expansive industrial growth for the city, and the population would boom from 5000 in 1870 to over 100,000 in 1900. 1877 also marked the completion of the Rail system that connected San Francisco to Los Angeles. This line, however, was dwarfed by the conclusion of the transatlantic line that was completed in 1876 and is considered a significant milestone in American history—the line operated from 1865 to 1996.
Los Angeles, at this time, was in a considerable amount of transition and had been a member of the Union for nearly three decades. The city and country’s efforts during the American Civil War were viewed mainly from a distance, thought hey did ship gold east to support the Union’s efforts.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.