- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1877 Map of Los Angeles California. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- .A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1877 Los Angeles Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by one of the most prolific landscape illustrators of the 19th century Elis Glover, this bird’s eye view of Los Angeles is unique in its depiction of not just the great city, but the neighborhoods of Wilmington and Santa Monica. These three locations provide the viewer with a great sense of the geographical divisions and the more agrarian east with the coastal west. Wilmington held particular significance during this period as it was the first proper harbor when the San Pedro mudflats were excavated, and the construction of the port was completed. The port was constructed in direct competition with San Francisco. The city’s eastern region was known for its vast cattle production, which would be transported north to feed prospectors during the gold rush.
The 1870s were a time of expansive industrial growth for the city, and the population would boom from 5000 in 1870 to over 100,000 in 1900. 1877 also marked the completion of the Rail system that connected San Francisco to Los Angeles. This line, however, was dwarfed by the conclusion of the transatlantic line that was completed in 1876 and is considered a significant milestone in American history—the line operated from 1865 to 1996.
Los Angeles, at this time, was in a considerable amount of transition and had been a member of the Union for nearly three decades. The city and country’s efforts during the American Civil War were viewed mainly from a distance, thought hey did ship gold east to support the Union’s efforts.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.