- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1877 Nashville Tennessee Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1877 Nashville Map Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published during a period of rebuilding and growth, Tennessee’s State Capital of Nashville has a rich history, unique culture, and this depiction offers a window into its development and evolution. In the decade following the conclusion of the Civil War, Nashville experienced a population boom as a robust local economy expanded due to increased manufacturing jobs, a busy inland port on the Cumberland River, and the number of residents grew exponentially in the latter parts of the nineteenth century. The city had been the site of a bloody clash between Union and Confederate forces in 1862 and was controlled by the Union until the end of the war in 1865. Another significant Confederate loss occurred in 1864 with the defeat of Confederate General Hood in what would become a turning point in the conflict.
Compiled by Massachusetts-born Wilbur F. Fisk, who had relocated to the city in 1851 at the age of seventeen to begin his career as a surveyor and cartographer. Nashville was charted in 1806 and became a political, commercial, and financial center of Tennessee, given its central location and proximity to a major waterway. Nashville became the permanent State Capital in 1843, with the capital building being completed in 1859.
Citizens throughout the south flocked to Nashville both during the Civil War and in the decades following as jobs were plentiful and it was safer than the surrounding countryside. The distinctive aesthetic and minimal style immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.