- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1877 Peabody Massachusetts Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1877 Peabody Map of Massachusetts. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the most prolific American mapmakers of the nineteenth and twentieth century, Oakley Hoopes Bailey, this depiction of Peabody, Massachusetts, shows the city in a period of significant growth and prosperity in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War. It was established as a farming community through the rivers and streams spurred a thriving milling industry, especially for the production of leather goods. Birds eye perspectives were produced to attract residents and merchants alike and featured prominent civic buildings, religious and educational institutions, and economic opportunities to increase population and expand development.
Located in the iconic North Shore region of Massachusetts, Peabody has long been an industrial center for manufacturing and attracted immigrants from across Western Europe, Ireland, Italy, Russia, and the Ottoman Empire, many of which established neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines. Bailey’s distinctive style and unique aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. His career spanned more than five decades, and his panoramic maps are among the most noted for their artistic flourishes and ornate details. The region was among the first areas established by English settlers.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures Peabody ascending to new heights as the Industrial Revolution took hold across the nation and spurred economic development throughout the Northeast. The late nineteenth century was one of the most significant periods in American history, and Peabody was experiencing considerable transformation.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.