- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1878 Rutherford County Tennessee Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1878 Rutherford County Tennessee Vintage Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
As part of the Nashville metropolitan area, Rutherford County has a rich history, and its geographic location in the middle of Tennessee made it an essential part of the region's local economy during the nineteenth century. Murfreesboro, the county seat, served as the state capital from 1818 to 1826 and remained one of the cultural centers for central Tennessee. Following the conclusion of the Civil War, Tennessee and much of the South was expanding both economically, and populations grew as new opportunities opened throughout the region. Initially, the region was primarily an agricultural center. However, the establishment of educational institutions during the middle portions of the nineteenth century led to the area being dubbed the 'Athens of Tennessee.'
The County had been the scene of the Battle of Stones River, one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War and Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest drove Union forces out of the region in 1862. Though his departure was followed by the arrival of Union Troops who would control the region for the remainder of the conflict. Because of this presence, much of the County was not destroyed during the Civil War and was experiencing significant prosperity at the time of this map's publication.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures a historically significant moment for Tennessee and remains part of the areas enduring legacy. By the latter portions of the nineteenth century, Rutherford County was transforming the culture and opportunities of central Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.