- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1878 Vintage Paris Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1878 Paris Map Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by one of the largest firms and bookstores in Paris, Garnier Freres, this birds-eye perspective shows the iconic European city in a period of significant transformation both economically and culturally. Paris held the third World Fair in 1878, and this depiction illustrates notable features and buildings constructed to highlight advances in technology and the arts. The fair was also a celebration of the recovery of the entire nation following the conclusion of the Franco-Prussian war, which ended in 1871 but left much of the country in need of repair. The exposition was the largest to date, covered more than sixty-six acres, and featured four rail lines to bring in spectators worldwide.
The exposition also contained the Avenue des Nations which featured the domestic architecture of nearly every nation on a 730-meter street. Among the numerous inventions featured at the exposition was Alexander Graham Bell’s telephone and the grounds contained electric arc lighting. Henry Steinway introduced a grand piano that would become synonymous with the highest quality pianos ever produced.
With more than thirteen million attendees, the exposition was a huge success, and the completed bust that would be shipped to America to complete the statue of liberty was also on display. Birdseye perspectives were a popular illustration style in the nineteenth century that were used to market prominent areas. Their unique aesthetic and signature style immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.