- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1878 San Francisco Canvas Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1878 San Francisco City Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
San Francisco is a true icon of the American West, and it's rich history and culture have always set it apart as one of the first sizeable western port's, the cities diversity was vast. Produced by well known American lithographer Charles Parsons, this depiction transports the viewer back to a time of early cable cars and a city bursting with vibrancy. The first cable cars carried residents up Clay street in 1873 and have been an immediately recognized feature of the town to this day.
Upon its publication in 1878, this bird's eye view would have been proudly displayed in a show of civic pride by merchants and residents alike. These prints were produced as a way to show off notable buildings, public centers, and geographic features.
San Francisco was thriving in the 1870s after the completion of the Pacific Railroad in 1869 opened it up to transporting south to Los Angeles. This increased trade with the southern city allowed merchants to capitalize on their international port with domestic economies. This era was also when dry goods merchant Levi Strauss invented blue jeans to cater to the needs of the modern market.
One of the unique features of this bird's eye map is that it foregoes the typical style which focuses on detail and instead provides a sense of the density and natural geography that shaped the city. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history and tells a story of a grand American city in transition.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.