- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You'll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1879 Albany NY Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional's choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 Map of Albany NY. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This distinctive bird's eye perspective of New York's State Capital shows the city in a period of economic prosperity and significant growth and transformation following the conclusion of the American Civil War and the beginning of the so-called "Gilded Age." Spurred on as a vital railroad hub for the Northeast, allowing goods to flow into the ports of New York City and back into America's heartland, Albany was critical for the growth of the nation. As the original terminus for the Erie Canal, Albany's geographical location made it critical for opening up trade in the Great Lakes regions, which expanded American settlement throughout the North and Midwest.
Bird's eye perspectives were produced as marketing materials for cities throughout the United States and were wildly popular from the middle of the late nineteenth century until the 1920s. These panoramic illustrations bear a remarkable aesthetic with distinctive features that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible link between the past and present. As State Capital, Albany's rich history dates back to 1614 when Dutch colonists settled in the region and is the longest continuously chartered city in the United States. It is also one of the oldest surviving settlements of the original thirteen colonies.
By the end of the nineteenth century, Albany was attracting immigrants en masse as they fled political conflict in Western Europe and found employment in the cities numerous foundries, manufacturing plants, and rail depots. These communities established neighborhoods along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and image.