- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1879 New Mexico State Map Print . Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 New Mexico Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This rail, stage, and county map of New Mexico shows the territory in a significant period of growth and transformation as settlers flocked to the region for work in mining camps and the towns that sprung up around them. Though New Mexico would not become a part of the United States for more than four decades, the region was being settled by immigrants from the American South, Western Europe, Ireland as well as Mexicans that had inhabited the region during the earlier parts of the nineteenth century.
Produced and published by the iconic American mapmakers Rand McNally this crisp depiction of the territory bears the signature style and attention to detail that allowed the firm to become synonymous with American cartography. The distinctive style and immediately recognizable aesthetic transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
During these frontier times, many of the historical figures of the western genre had their origins in New Mexico, including Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett. The rugged terrain led to a sizeable ranch-based economy until the discovery of oil in the 1920s, spurring another population boom and bringing wealth to the state. The expanded access to this remote region was increased with the completion of the first transcontinental railroad a decade prior to the publication of this map. As the American West became more settled in the latter portions of the nineteenth century, it became a popular destination for residents seeking dryer climates from the Northeast.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.