- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1879 Montana State Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 Montana Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American draftsman Charles Roeser this depiction of the Montana Territory in 1879 show the region in a period of transition from the so-called Wild West as mining and ranching became dominant industries. The first permanent settlement in Montana was not established until 1847, with the fur trading post Fort Benton. The US Army took over the fort in 1869, only a decade prior to the publication of this map. Montana's vast wilderness and rugged terrain slowed settlement, and the territory would not become a state until 1889.
The decade leading up to Montana's inclusion into the United States marked a period of rapid population growth as railroad systems' expansion continued through the American West. The Northern Pacific Railroad company established Livingston as a rail hub and the gateway to Yellowstone National Park, which had been established in 1872. The park has long fascinated tourists with its rich flora and fauna and unique geothermal features, including the famous Old Faithful geyser. Rail expansion also increased tourism to the park in the late nineteenth century, with the number for tourists rising from around three hundred annually to over five thousand in just a year since the establishment of the rail lines in Livingston.
Many mining camps became towns throughout the late nineteenth century, as prospectors flocked to the region, searching for copper, gold, and silver. This map illustrates Montana in a period of transition into the modern era and is a rare piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.