- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1879 Minneapolis Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 Minneapolis Poster Map of Minnesota. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by pioneering lithographer, illustrator, and mapmaker Albert Ruger, this stunning depiction of Minneapolis in 1879, shows the city in a period of significant growth and transition. Ruger's bird's eye perspective technique was becoming in vogue during the middle part of the nineteenth century and was one of the most popular styles by the turn of the century. The distinctive aesthetic of these perspectives immediately transports the viewer back in time. These maps were produced not only to promote the city to prospective merchants and workers but for local businesses and residents to display their civic pride.
Minneapolis grew around Fort Snelling, which had been established at the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers, where the Saint Anthony Falls provided power for numerous flour and sawmills. Saint Anthony to the east was annexed by Minneapolis in 1872 to form one city that spanned the rivers banks.
European immigrants had flocked to the region during the nineteenth century due to its cold climate and vast dairy and farmlands that were reminiscent of the lands of Northern Europe and Scandinavia. These immigrants established numerous close-knit communities throughout the state. During Industrialization, many flocked to Minneapolis for jobs in manufacturing and milling, further establishing neighborhoods based on each unique heritage. By 1879 Minneapolis produced a majority of the nation's flour and relied heavily on the robust spring wheat, which was harvested in the summer. Minneapolis's rich history and unique character are on display in this authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.