- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1880 Buffalo Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1880 City of Buffalo Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by native Buffalonian Edward Howard Hutchinson, this detailed bird's eye perspective was published in a period of significant growth and transition for the iconic American city. The second most populous city in New York after New York City, Buffalo's distinct culture and prominent location at the start of the Erie Canal allowed the city to expand throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries rapidly. Grain milling and steel production spurred growth and attracted immigrants from Ireland, Germany, and Italy seeking employment and fleeing famine and civil unrest in their home countries.
Hutchinson was a prominent Buffalo businessman and had the Maerz Lithography Co produce this map of his home town to promote the prominent merchants, buildings, and government institutions. Bird's eye perspectives were among the most popular illustrations of the late nineteenth century and remained so until the 1920s. Their distinctive aesthetic and signature style immediately transport the viewer back in time.
By 1880 Buffalo was completely connected by rail to Canada and the surrounding regions allowing a flourishing trade industry bolstered by the steel-producing factories which were supplying a new thirst for the metal as glass and steel structure gained popularity in New York, as well as San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland, Or. The Erie Canal and its commercial trade route was another important economic driver with thousands of ships trading its waters annually. This stunning depiction of Buffalo in a period of economic expansion, prosperity, and population growth is an authentic piece of American cartographic history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.