- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1882 Map of Greenville SC Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1882 Greenville Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high-quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pinewood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made to order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Eponymously named after Lieutenant Nathaniel Greene of the American Southern Campaign, Greenville South Carolina holds a deep heritage in the development of the American south. Originally forbidden to colonists Greenville County was established by wealthy colonist Richard Pearis upon his arrival to the region in 1754. The first plantation established on the Reedy river stands in present day downtown Greenville and still evokes the history of the region and its rich cultural roots.
Greenville County was established in 1786 pre-dating the American Revolutionary War and stands through time as a testament to Greene’s heroic legacy as a soldier of the revolution. In 1869 the town’s charter was amended by the South Carolina General Assembly to be chartered as a city and as such construction boomed.
By the establishment of this map in 1882 the city and county had seen an abundance of growth in the reconstruction period of the union and city leaders and landowners were eager to establish themselves within the community.
In this detailed and stunning restoration of the original 1882 map, the vivid landscape and individual ownership of each piece of property comes alive, imbuing a transformative sense of history and heritage.
Our museum-quality giclee print, restored and printed on heavy matte stock comes ready to frame in a sturdy cardboard tube with archival ink to ensure quality for decades to come. This handsome piece of history is the perfect addition to any office, classroom, study, or library.
Our ready-to-hang wall arts are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study, or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.