- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1882 Ithaca New York Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1882 Ithaca NY Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American lithographer and illustrator L.R. Burleigh, this bird’s eye perspective, shows Ithaca, NY in a time of significant growth and transformation. Cornell University had been founded only 14 years earlier, and the little town on Lake Cayuga was burgeoning with expanded trade and manufacturing industries. The Ivy League university has attracted students internationally and is amongst the most respected in the nation. Ezra Cornell’s founding principle held that any person should have access to instruction in their chosen field, and it was established as a private, non-sectarian institution.
Burleigh’s distinctive aesthetic was popular during this era, and these illustrations were bought by merchants and residents alike as a way to demonstrate their civic pride. His work primarily focused on cities in the Northeast and is featured in the Smithsonian Art museum. This signature style immediately transports the viewer back in time.
The 1880s marked the development of Ithaca from a small town to a center of trade; trolley was built, and railway hubs expanded access to the finger lake region. The region supported numerous dairies and small farms, and Cornell’s dedicated dairy research center has long supported New York’s milk and yogurt industries.
While the city had not been impacted much by the Civil War, the decades following its end presented the opportunity for the region to expand its rail access. While the steep hills and proximity to Lake Cayuga posed engineering challenges, Cornell financed the project to help foster growth and prosperity for the city.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.