- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1882 Map of Greenville County South Carolina. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1882 Map of Greenville County South Carolina. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Eponymously named after Lieutenant Nathaniel Greene of the American Southern Campaign, Greenville South Carolina holds a deep heritage in the development of the American south. Originally forbidden to colonists Greenville County was established by wealthy colonist Richard Pearis upon his arrival to the region in 1754. The first plantation established on the Reedy river stands in present day downtown Greenville and still evokes the history of the region and its rich cultural roots.
Greenville County was established in 1786 pre-dating the American Revolutionary War and stands through time as a testament to Greene’s heroic legacy as a soldier of the revolution. In 1869 the town’s charter was amended by the South Carolina General Assembly to be chartered as a city and as such construction boomed.
By the establishment of this map in 1882 the city and county had seen an abundance of growth in the reconstruction period of the union and city leaders and landowners were eager to establish themselves within the community.
In this detailed and stunning restoration of the original 1882 map, the vivid landscape and individual ownership of each piece of property comes alive, imbuing a transformative sense of history and heritage.
Our museum quality giclee print, restored and printed on heavy matte stock comes ready to frame in a sturdy cardboard tube with archival ink to ensure quality for decades to come. This handsome piece of history is the perfect addition to any office, classroom, study, or library.