- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1882 Youngstown Ohio Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1882 Youngstown Ohio Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by the prolific Ruger & Stoner, this Birdseye perspective shows Youngstown in a period of significant prosperity, growth, and transformation both economically and culturally as the nation neared the turn of the century. Following the conclusion of the American Civil War, the nation was rebuilding, and the demand for coal and steel allowed the city to experience significant industrial expansion. Youngstown had been an important producer of coal throughout the nineteenth century, and the arrival of a rail line to Cleveland in 1856 allowed the industry to expand considerably. By the 1880s, flocks of immigrants had arrived in the city eager for work in the mines and factories and established numerous neighborhoods along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
Located on the banks of the Mahoning River, Youngstown’s industrial growth transformed the entire region. Birdseye perspectives were widely popular during the nineteen and early twentieth century and served as marketing materials to attract residents and merchants alike. They featured notable civic buildings, religious and educational institutions, and other cultural and economic attractions. Their unique style and distinctive aesthetic are immediately recognizable and transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows the significance of Youngstown to the Mahoning Valley and captures a distinct moment in history as technological and cultural advances transformed American society. Youngstown would continue to grow as a cultural center throughout the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.