- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1882 Plymouth MA Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1882 Plymouth Massachusetts Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Often referred to as 'America's Hometown' Plymouth, MA is an iconic city with roots to colonial settlement's earliest vestiges. Plymouth was the first settlement by the Mayflower Pilgrims in 1620, is the oldest municipality in Massachusetts and one of the oldest in America. Some forty miles south of Boston, the town flourished in the late nineteenth century with fishing, rope making, and shipping allowed the local economy to thrive. The Plymouth Cordage Company was eta blushed in 1824 and was the largest rope manufacturer in the world by the end of the nineteenth century.
Bird's eye perspectives bear a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates a link to the past. They were produced as marketing materials for towns and cities to promote notable businesses or buildings and other enticing features. This style of illustration was popular from the latter portion of the nineteenth century until the 1920s. Merchants and residents alike would also display them in a show of civic pride.
Plymouth was the first permanent Western settlement and remains the oldest continually inhabited area in America. Its rich history and distinct culture endure, and perhaps no city looms as large in early American history. While Boston, New York, and Philadelphia experienced population expansion on a large scale, Plymouth remained a small coastal village. But was an essential center in the formative years leading up to the American Revolution, this illustration is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.