- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1884 Cherokee Nation Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1884 Native Indian Poster Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This depiction details the lands ceded by the Cherokee Nations in the years following the conclusion of the Civil War. While the Cherokee’s history is often marked by the forced movement from tribal lands in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, their legacy as one of the first indigenous American people to have a formal government also makes them unique. Produced in 1884 by prominent American cartographer CC Royce this detailed depiction features an overlay of where the Cherokee Nations had held land until ceding it to the United States with various treaties throughout the nineteenth century.
Royce Maps are noted for their distinctive aesthetic and his notable figure as a nineteenth-century researcher who primarily studied land cessions of American Indians from 1784 to 1894, concluding his work with a final report containing all dates, maps, and natural boundaries that were of particular significance for numerous tribes. He noted natural waterways that formed natural boundaries for pre-historic indigenous groups. By the turn of the century, most of the Cherokee nation lived in present-day Oklahoma, and when the territory achieved statehood in 1907, Cherokee’s received citizenship and property rights.
The Cherokee had been one of the largest American Indian tribes and were primarily settled in the Southeastern US prior to the Colonists' arrival. This remarkable depiction allows the viewer to gain a sense of the rich history and culture of one of the most significant American Indian tribes and is a genuine piece American Indian of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.