- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1884 Cherokee Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1884 Native Indian Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This depiction details the lands ceded by the Cherokee Nations in the years following the conclusion of the Civil War. While the Cherokee’s history is often marked by the forced movement from tribal lands in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, their legacy as one of the first indigenous American people to have a formal government also makes them unique. Produced in 1884 by prominent American cartographer CC Royce this detailed depiction features an overlay of where the Cherokee Nations had held land until ceding it to the United States with various treaties throughout the nineteenth century.
Royce Maps are noted for their distinctive aesthetic and his notable figure as a nineteenth-century researcher who primarily studied land cessions of American Indians from 1784 to 1894, concluding his work with a final report containing all dates, maps, and natural boundaries that were of particular significance for numerous tribes. He noted natural waterways that formed natural boundaries for pre-historic indigenous groups. By the turn of the century, most of the Cherokee nation lived in present-day Oklahoma, and when the territory achieved statehood in 1907, Cherokee’s received citizenship and property rights.
The Cherokee had been one of the largest American Indian tribes and were primarily settled in the Southeastern US prior to the Colonists' arrival. This remarkable depiction allows the viewer to gain a sense of the rich history and culture of one of the most significant American Indian tribes and is a genuine piece American Indian of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.