- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1885 New York Brooklyn Bridge Wall Art. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1885 New York Brooklyn Bridge Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Officially renamed the Brooklyn Bridge in 1915, this depiction produced by Currier & Ives was published only two years after construction was completed. Opened on May 24, 1883, this was the first fixed crossing across the East River and would become a true icon of not only New York City, but the United States. Currier & Ives were prolific producers of these birds' eye perspectives, which served as a vehicle for residents and merchants alike to display their civic pride.
This was the world's first major steel-wire suspension bridge, and it's immediately recognizable Neo-gothic stone towers have been featured in art and literature since its opening. The bridge was a feat of civil engineering of the time and would lay the groundwork for other iconic suspension bridges, including the Golden Gate.
Traffic across the bridge was robust and more than a million people crossed in the first six months alone, with this number increasing to 17 million in the year this map was published. The distinctive aesthetic of this map immediately transports the viewer back in time and is a truly authentic piece of cartographical history.
The Statue of Liberty that greeted the throngs of immigrants stands proudly in the background, and many notable places are indexed on the map. The panorama illustrates the bustling bay and shows the transition from traditional sailing vessels to steamships. By connecting the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn, the city was nearing consolidation and becoming what would be recognizable today.
Our museum quality giclee Brooklyn Bridge wall art large print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage New York map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.