- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1885 Phoenix Arizona Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1885 Phoenix AZ Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published some four years after the city was officially incorporated, this stunning illustration of Phoenix immediately transports the viewer back in time and is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history. The town had been transformed by the arrival of railroads in the early part of the decade, which caused an economic boom and population surge. Phoenix became the territorial capital in 1889 and was becoming a fixture of the American West. Goods flowed into the city via railcar, and Phoenix became a vital trade center for settlers establishing ranches in the rugged desert terrain.
The same year that this map was published, the final leg of the Santa Fe, Prescott, Phoenix Railroad connected the region to the Northern part of the state, andPhoniex ultimately grew more due to the increased access. In 1893 the city had begun annexing surrounding territory and would grow from half a square mile to over two by the century's turn.
Birds-eye perspectives were produced as marketing materials for cities across the nation, and merchants and residents often displayed them in a show of civic pride. Their distinctive aesthetic is immediately recognizable, and they were among the most popular depictions from the second half of the nineteenth century until their popularity waned in the 1920s. The late nineteenth century was a transformative period for Phoenix, and its growth would continue. The dry, arid climate attracted residents coming from across the nation, particularly through the start of the twentieth century.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.