- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1885 Nebraska Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1885 Map of Nebraska Art Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published nearly two decades after the territory achieved statehood, this detailed topographical map was published by the prolific cartographic team Everts & Kirk, who's publications were renowned throughout the Nation in the late nineteenth century. This period was a time of significant growth and transition for the state as rail access expanded a burgeoning cattle ranching industry, which was encouraged by the natural plains being uniquely suited to the pursuit and allowing ranchers to grow thieving herds with minimal work. In the 1870s and 1880s, European immigrants and Civil War veterans flocked to the state.
The Union Pacific Railroad allowed ranchers to export their meat, and meatpacking plants brought workers from the south eager to start new lives in the years following the Civil War. As these plants were established, cities began to grow, and retailers from the Northeast came to Nebraska to build thriving businesses in towns like Omaha or the capital Bismarck. The Federal Government retained nearly thirteen thousand acres of land to sell or grant to homesteaders during the late nineteenth century.
Omaha was the location for the 1892 Convention, which spawned the Populist Movement that was promoted by farmers and ranchers in the late nineteenth century. The movement was spurred by recurring droughts and little sympathy from Republican leaders; it became popular in the 1890s but faded by the century's turn. Nebraska's agricultural exports helped fuel the Nation in the years following the Civil War, and this depiction is a genuine piece of American history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.