- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1885 Nebraska Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1885 Map of Nebraska Art Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 12x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published nearly two decades after the territory achieved statehood, this detailed topographical map was published by the prolific cartographic team Everts & Kirk, who's publications were renowned throughout the Nation in the late nineteenth century. This period was a time of significant growth and transition for the state as rail access expanded a burgeoning cattle ranching industry, which was encouraged by the natural plains being uniquely suited to the pursuit and allowing ranchers to grow thieving herds with minimal work. In the 1870s and 1880s, European immigrants and Civil War veterans flocked to the state.
The Union Pacific Railroad allowed ranchers to export their meat, and meatpacking plants brought workers from the south eager to start new lives in the years following the Civil War. As these plants were established, cities began to grow, and retailers from the Northeast came to Nebraska to build thriving businesses in towns like Omaha or the capital Bismarck. The Federal Government retained nearly thirteen thousand acres of land to sell or grant to homesteaders during the late nineteenth century.
Omaha was the location for the 1892 Convention, which spawned the Populist Movement that was promoted by farmers and ranchers in the late nineteenth century. The movement was spurred by recurring droughts and little sympathy from Republican leaders; it became popular in the 1890s but faded by the century's turn. Nebraska's agricultural exports helped fuel the Nation in the years following the Civil War, and this depiction is a genuine piece of American history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.