- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1886 Arkansas State Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 Framed Arkansas Map Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced under the direction of prolific General Land Office surveyor AF Dinsmore, this detailed illustration shows Arkansas in a time of economic growth and development. The American Civil War had ravaged the land in Arkansas, and farmers were still recovering from the financial devastation wrested upon them during the conflict. As the so-called cotton belt expanded into Oklahoma and Texas, railroad expansion had increased access and allowed farmers to gain momentum heading to the turn of the century.
Arkansas had achieved Statehood in 1836, and the later decades of the 19th century saw the state experiencing rapid growth and industrialization. This transformation from a mostly agricultural economy drew immigrants to the state and saw the establishment of many communities. In the 1880s, mining industries also found a foothold in the state, expanding economic opportunity and diversity.
These maps were critical in the westward expansion of America and, by this time, were primarily re-written to reflect growing rail line construction following destruction during the Civil War. However, the state had initially voted to remain loyal to the Union, following the outbreak of the war in 1861 they chose secession. The state's proximity to the Mississippi River proved critical to Confederate efforts during the conflict. The Union took control of the Northern region following their decisive victory at the Battle of Pea Ridge, which proved crucial for Union control of the Trans-Mississippi Theater. With an unmistakable aesthetic and stunning detail, this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.