- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1886 Leominster Massachusetts Poster Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 Leominster Worcester MA Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
The first European settlers arrived in the region in 1653 and began establishing small farms and homesteads. Produced and published by L.R. Burleigh, this stunning depiction shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation as the nation neared the turn of the century. Burleigh was one of the most prolific panoramic map producers during his decades-long career. Birds eye perspectives were widely popular during the mid-nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Panoramic maps served as marketing materials to entice residents and merchants alike and featured prominent civic buildings, educational and religious institutions, as well as other cultural and economic opportunities.
Leominster was enjoying significant prosperity in the years following the conclusion of the American Civil War, and numerous factories, mills, and other manufacturing facilities attracted immigrants from Europe, Great Britain, and the American South who established neighborhoods and communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. As the Northeast grew rapidly, the Greater Boston area became one of the most prosperous regions in America and Leominster became one of the country’s largest producers of celluloid products. Plastic manufacturing would fuel the local economy until the late twentieth century.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history with a distinctive aesthetic and classic style that is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Burleigh’s work is among the most regarded for the period and remains an enduring symbol of nineteenth-century America.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.