- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1886 New York Canvas Wall Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 New York Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in the same year as the opening of the Statue of Liberty, this stunning bird's eye view map depicts the great city in a time of unmatched prosperity. Ellis Island had yet to become the established destination for immigrants, and the town was enjoying a gilded age. The 1880s marked the emergence of one of the most iconic pieces of New York's history, the skyscraper. Depictions of these soaring wonders of steel and glass appear alongside the thriving waters surrounding Manhattan and the mid-rise residences. This uniquely American piece of architecture started in New York City and is among its most defining features.
This period also marked the annexation of surrounding cities and counties into what is now recognizable as the five boroughs. However, this map was produced two years before the conglomeration of the boroughs was made official.
Bird's eye perspectives were produced for merchants and residents alike to display their civic pride, and their striking aesthetic immediately places the viewer in the Tim and place they depict. These maps were never produced to scale and served to index notable buildings, gathering places or businesses. This was also a time that saw the development of another modern institution, the department store, which permanently reshaped the contemporary idea of service and luxury. This led to a burst of growth uptown and the creation of the so-called "Ladies Mile." Innovation and energy were bursting forth from New York in this time of great creativity.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.