- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1886 Arkansas State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 Arkansas State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced under the direction of prolific General Land Office surveyor AF Dinsmore, this detailed illustration shows Arkansas in a time of economic growth and development. The American Civil War had ravaged the land in Arkansas, and farmers were still recovering from the financial devastation wrested upon them during the conflict. As the so-called cotton belt expanded into Oklahoma and Texas, railroad expansion had increased access and allowed farmers to gain momentum heading to the turn of the century.
Arkansas had achieved Statehood in 1836, and the later decades of the 19th century saw the state experiencing rapid growth and industrialization. This transformation from a mostly agricultural economy drew immigrants to the state and saw the establishment of many communities. In the 1880s, mining industries also found a foothold in the state, expanding economic opportunity and diversity.
These maps were critical in the westward expansion of America and, by this time, were primarily re-written to reflect growing rail line construction following destruction during the Civil War. However, the state had initially voted to remain loyal to the Union, following the outbreak of the war in 1861 they chose secession. The state's proximity to the Mississippi River proved critical to Confederate efforts during the conflict. The Union took control of the Northern region following their decisive victory at the Battle of Pea Ridge, which proved crucial for Union control of the Trans-Mississippi Theater. With an unmistakable aesthetic and stunning detail, this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.