- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1886 Puerto Rico Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 Puerto Rico Map Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 16x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published during a period of unprecedented growth for Puerto Rico, this indue depiction of the island immediately transports the viewer back in time. Spurred by newfound freedom from Spain, many Spanish settlers flocked to the island from the adjacent Caribbean and West Indian islands. Sugarcane production was the primary economic driver for the island, and Spanish settlers had planted vast fields following Columbus’ arrival in 1493, establishing farms that would remain for centuries.
The late 19th century found Puerto Rico developing and emerging its own indue culture, which was a blend of Spanish influences combined with local indigenous traditions as well as African and influences. This map was produced twelve years before Spain ceded the island, and it became an unincorporated territory of the United States. Though, Spain did not grant Puerto Rico freedom without intervention from the United States military, which defeated Spain in 1898 with the conclusion of The Spanish American War. The three-week conflict saw battle and limited destruction in San Juan and Guanica in Southwest Puerto Rico.
The island's main port is located at the Capital City of San Juan and is the center for the thriving importing and exporting economy. The San Juan bay provided calmer water and allowed for cargo ships, which require deeper draft depths to moor. The close of the 19th century was a period of significant transition and considerable growth for the island, and this detailed topographic map is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.