- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1886 Beverly Massachusetts Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1886 Beverly Map of Massachusetts. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Known as the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution, Beverly, Massachusetts, remains an iconic suburb of Boston. Additionally, it was the site of the first cotton mill in America in 1787 and by the later portions of the nineteenth century had become a popular destination for residents looking to get out of Boston during the summer. This stunning depiction shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation, though it would not be incorporated until 1894. Its geographic location on the North Shore of Massachusetts has attracted residents since the earliest days of North American settlement by immigrants from England and Western Europe.
The area was first inhabited by Europeans as early as 1626, and the first ship commissioned by the United States Navy sailed out of the Beverly harbor in 1775 after being outfitted in Glover’s Wharf. By the end of the nineteenth century, numerous groups of immigrants were attracted to the region. They established communities and neighborhoods based along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day. The area maintained an essential manufacturing industry throughout the nineteenth and twentieth century, which attracted residents not only from Boston to the South but across America and Europe as well.
Birds eye perspectives were widely popular during this period and served as marketing materials to entice residents and merchants alike, featuring prominent civic buildings, religious, cultural, and educational institutions, as well as geography attractions and other economic opportunities. The unique aesthetic of this illustration immediately transports the viewer back in time.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.