- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1888 Wall Map of Mississippi. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1888 Wall Map of Mississippi. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published in what is considered Mississippis’ Gilded Age this depiction by the most prolific American map-making company, Rand McNally transforms the viewer back in time to one of the most prosperous times in the State’s history. Cool coded to show many unique features this map was created for the Railroad commissioner and features every rail line as well as city, town, and county boundaries. This detailed illustration allows historians a glimpse into what the State’s development and culture looked like in the period immediately after reconstruction.
Much of the State’s railway infrastructure had been destroyed during the American Civil War. By 1888, the construction of new lines had occurred, driving economic prosperity and allowing farmers to export goods more effectively than before the war. The fertile lands along the Mississippi River Delta attracted many farmers, and as land was cleared, lumber developed into a nascent industry.
With nearly three thousand miles of track laid by this time, the State was enjoying growth and attracting residents from neighboring Louisiana and Alabama, and rural communities were growing throughout the State. Though the State would remain largely agrarian cities had started to develop notably Oxford, which would later become known for producing one of the greatest American writers William Faulkner.
This unique depiction of Mississippi in a time of great transition and expansion stands out as not only an authentic price of cartographical history but a testament to a region that had been though significant hardship and was rebuilding and burgeoning.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your Mississippi home decor print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.