- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1888 Mississippi Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1888 Wall Map of Mississippi. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced and published in what is considered Mississippis’ Gilded Age this depiction by the most prolific American map-making company, Rand McNally transforms the viewer back in time to one of the most prosperous times in the State’s history. Cool coded to show many unique features this map was created for the Railroad commissioner and features every rail line as well as city, town, and county boundaries. This detailed illustration allows historians a glimpse into what the State’s development and culture looked like in the period immediately after reconstruction.
Much of the State’s railway infrastructure had been destroyed during the American Civil War. By 1888, the construction of new lines had occurred, driving economic prosperity and allowing farmers to export goods more effectively than before the war. The fertile lands along the Mississippi River Delta attracted many farmers, and as land was cleared, lumber developed into a nascent industry.
With nearly three thousand miles of track laid by this time, the State was enjoying growth and attracting residents from neighboring Louisiana and Alabama, and rural communities were growing throughout the State. Though the State would remain largely agrarian cities had started to develop notably Oxford, which would later become known for producing one of the greatest American writers William Faulkner.
This unique depiction of Mississippi in a time of great transition and expansion stands out as not only an authentic price of cartographical history but a testament to a region that had been though significant hardship and was rebuilding and burgeoning.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.